Safeguarding & Protecting Children (Sports Coach UK)
- Nottingham Trent University
- Contact Name
- Caroline Mayfield
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0115 8483469
- Mon, 06 Mar 2017 (18:00 - 21:00)
Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- Coach, Coaching, Qualifications
6.00pm - 9.00pm
Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus
Create a Positive Sports Experience for Young People
Every child deserves to enjoy their sport. This workshop will raise your awareness of the telltale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
Newly updated to address the impact of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
Duration: 3 hours
Group size: 6-20
You Will Be Able To:
• identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
• explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
• recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
• take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
You will receive a resource as part of attending this workshop and a certificate of attendance 8 weeks after the course.
This link takes you from the Active Notts website to another domain. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.
Please note bookings can only be made via the website if you are able to pay online via PayPal or using a debit or credit card. You may be asked to create a PayPal account if you don't already have one. If you have any enquiries, please contact Active Notts via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 848 3469