Safeguarding and Protecting Children (scUK)
- Retford Town Hall
17 The Square
- Contact Name
- Pat Wynne
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0115 84 83469
- Tue, 18 Jun 2019 (18:00 - 21:00)
Create a Positive Sports Experience for Young People
Every child deserves to enjoy their sport. This workshop will raise your awareness of the telltale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
Newly updated to address the impact of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
Duration: 3 hours
Group size: 6-20
You Will Be Able To:
• identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
• explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
• recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
• take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
You will receive a resource as part of attending this workshop and a certificate of attendance 6weeks after the course.
Payment is taken at the time of booking. Cancellations up to 2 weeks prior to course date will be refunded in full, after this time no refunds are available.
Please note bookings can only be made via the website if you are able to pay online via PayPal or using a debit or credit card. You may be asked to create a PayPal account if you don't already have one. If you have any enquiries, please contact Active Notts via email@example.com or 0115 848 3469