Primary Stars Coach
Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and Leicester City Football Club to inspire children to learn to be active and develop important life skills. The role will co-ordinate the delivery aspects of the Premier League Primary Stars programme within partner schools. The aim of the position is to contribute to the development of a quality PE and School Sport offer to pupils between the ages of 5 – 11 in Leicester. *Previous applicants need not apply
- Leicester (City), LE2 7FL
- Contact Name
- Jamie Skinner
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- £20,000 to £22,000
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Mon 4th March, 2019
- 5:00pm - Fri 22nd March, 2019
About Primary Stars Coach
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver a high quality schools offer to include curriculum, extra-curricular, targeted interventions and collapsed curriculum days that meet the needs of partner schools.
- Support the professional development of teaching staff, which builds skills and confidence to deliver high quality PE.
- To implement the Premier League Primary Stars programme, meeting all pre requisites of the Premier League Charitable Fund grant conditions.
- To develop strong relationships between Leicester City Community Trust and partner schools. To include external partners County FA, SSPAN and CSP.
- Action quality assurance procedures for all project aspects.
- To monitor the progress of the project to ensure all data is accurate, appropriately managed and inputted using the online monitoring tool VIEWS, working towards all KPIs being achieved.
- Support the ongoing development of PL Primary Stars lesson resources with the Education Manager and Primary Stars Co-ordinator.
- Report, record and resolve any issues with the Education Manager.
- Complete all internal and external monitoring reports in a timely manner to a high standard with detail and accuracy.
- Attend any training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- To represent the Trust, when required, at internal and external meetings.
- Compliance with Club policies.
- Compliance with data protection, confidentiality, safeguarding and health and safety guidelines.
- To promote the welfare of children and adults at risk at all times.
- To undertake required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety training and Club Safeguarding Induction.
- To adhere to all relevant safeguarding policies and procedures and report any concerns to the Trust's Safeguarding and Welfare Officer in a timely manner.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
- To maintain professional conduct at all times.
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area.
FA Level 2 coaching certificate
FA Safeguarding Certificate or willing to undertake within 3 months
FA Emergency First Aid Certificate or willing to undertake within 3 months
afPE Level 3/5 – Supporting the delivery of PE and School Sport
Multi- Skills Level 2 Certificate
Relevant teaching qualification (CTTLS/QTS/QTLS)
Knowledge and Experience
Experience of working in and liaising with schools
Knowledge of National Curriculum for PE (preferably Primary school)
A minimum of 1 years' experience of delivering within a primary school setting.
Demonstrate a good understanding of a player pathway and talent identification.
Experience of developing relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners at all levels.
Skills and abilities
Ability to work on own initiative
Excellent organisational and planning skills
Focused and results orientated
Committed, self-motivated and driven.
Strong commitment to high quality delivery and customer service.
Ability to form strong and appropriate relationships, demonstrating excellent communication skills.
Equality & Diversity
Must be able to recognise discrimination in its many forms and adhere to the LCFC Equality policies.
Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote equality & diversity.
Must satisfy relevant pre-employment checks including two current references relevant to the position and Enhanced DBS checks
Clean driving license & access to a vehicle
Strive to achieve and work towards 'Leicester City FC Community Trust' vision and mission statements.
To apply for the Primary Stars Coach position, please email by sending an application form and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Education Manager. Subject bar – Primary Stars Coach.
primary-stars-coach.doc (Document, 263 Kb)
Active Notts is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.