Female Engagement Lead
Leicestershire is made up of vibrant, ambitious and resilient communities. Leicester City in the Community support these groups, and the people within them, through exciting programmes with a passionate and dedicated team at its core. We aim to Engage, Inspire and Empower through Togetherness, Respect and Pride, changing lives and transforming communities. Leicester City in the Community has a fantastic opportunity for an Female Engagement Lead to join our dynamic team.
- King Power Stadium, Filbert Way, Leicester, LE2 7FL
- Contact Email
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Wed 17th February, 2021
- 11:45pm - Sun 28th February, 2021
About Female Engagement Lead
The Female Engagement Lead will oversee the development and delivery of high quality, targeted, impactful female engagement projects and programmes in areas of high need across the city and county.
About the role
The successful candidate will be required to work across the organisation leading and supporting the development of targeted female provision within our community, education, health and wellbeing and football development themes.
You will be working with a broad range of children, young people and adults from diverse backgrounds, in both education and community settings.
Key duties of the role are:
• To engage, inspire and empower young people and adults to reach their full potential
• To deliver high-quality sessions that engage, enthuse and progress young people and adults
• Supporting consultation with local communities and partners to improve the delivery of opportunities and services at a local level and increase participation amongst targeted groups
• Supporting the recruitment, training and deployment of volunteers, young deaders and peer mentors via our Grow Your Own model
• To lead on and/or support sessions for a minimum of four afternoons/evenings per week and at weekends.
Who we’re looking for
If you are looking for a new challenge and have a real passion for the development of opportunities for female community groups, we want to hear from you.
Skills required for success:
Knowledge and ability to understand different community groups and the challenges that they face
Ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners
Extensive knowledge of female engagement methods and practices and ability to use this to plan and deliver high quality activities
Ability to encourage, motivate and enthuse individuals to participate
Excellent organisational and planning skills
Hold relevant professional qualifications in UKCC Level 2
Coaching Certificate or equivalent
Relevant experience of engaging participants from hard-to-reach backgrounds and underrepresented groups
Experience of planning and delivering effective and impactful engagement programmes to targeted groups
Must satisfy relevant pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS check
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Notts is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.