Community Physical Activity, Health & Sport Assistant (Graduate Level)
- £17,354 to £20,092
- Full Time
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- Placed On
- Mon 26th April, 2021
- 12:00pm - Wed 26th May, 2021
- Interview Date
- Thu 10th June, 2021
About Community Physical Activity, Health & Sport Assistant (Graduate Level)
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS), in partnership with our Local Authority (locality) partners across Leicestershire, would like to support 7 recent graduates* in a 19 month placement opportunity.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to help support localities to develop and deliver needs-led targeted physical activity, health and sport opportunities to their communities, whilst gaining on-the-job training. Key duties will include:
- Providing support for the delivery of local Physical Activity Plans to reduce physical inactivity and raise participation in identified target groups.
- Assisting with the design, development and delivery of sport/health/physical activity programmes that address physical inactivity and health inequalities e.g., community safety, public health, social barriers and personal motivations.
- Support with the collection and analysis of monitoring and evaluation data and insight to shape programme delivery, measure impact and ensure that objectives are met.
- Support the physical activity and sport sector to rebuild and recover following the effects of the Coronavirus lockdown restrictions on local physical activity levels.
Successful candidates will be employed by, and based at, one of our local authority partners within Leicestershire (please see enclosed preference sheet) with starting salaries ranging from £17,354 - £20,092 (dependent on locality) with additional training opportunities provided.
*To be eligible to apply for the programme, candidates must have completed their academic studies or equivalent training (degree or equivalent level 6 qualification) in the past two academic years, i.e., 2019/20 or 2020/21. Applications that do not match these criteria will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 12:00pm Wednesday 26th May 2021 with interviews to be held on Thursday 10th June 2021 (reserve date Friday 11th June 2021) at SportPark, Loughborough University. It is anticipated that roles will commence w/c Monday 6th September 2021.
Please note that the above roles are subject to confirmation of funding and maybe withdrawn at any time prior to the advertised interview date.
For more information and an application pack please download the application form and preference sheet below together with the Job Description and the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form or contact Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport on Tel: 01 509 564888 or Email: email@example.com if you have any problems.
Please return your completed application form, preference sheet and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, SportPark at Loughborough University, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF.
2021-graduate-assistant-application-form.doc (MS Word, 172 Kb)
2021-graduate-assistant-preference-sheet.docx (MS Word, 49.8 Kb)
equal-opportunities-monitoring-form1.docx (MS Word, 23.3 Kb)
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Notts is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.