Walk Derbyshire Lead
Derbyshire County Council and Active Derbyshire want to support everyone in the county to have the opportunity to walk within their local community. There is a particular focus on people and communities where being active is not a part of their current life. Derbyshire already has an incredible network of walking groups and this will provide a foundation to build upon with many local partners. Walk Derbyshire is being launched to promote all walking opportunities across the County. We are looking for some to lead on this work over the next 3 years.
- Home based with access to hot desking facilities in Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield (city centres), DE1 1EQ
- Active Derbyshire
About Walk Derbyshire Lead
Insight tells us there is an opportunity around walking, as a way of encouraging more people to lead active lives.
Derbyshire already has an incredible network of walking groups which will provide a foundation to build upon with many local partners. As the Walk Derbyshire Lead at Active Derbyshire, you will have a key role to play in building these partner relations.
We've seen that walking contributes to the vast majority of physical activity - on average, half our time spent being active is through walking. When accessibility and access is considered, it is an undaunting entry into physical activity and potentially easier for people who are inactive to engage in.
What we are looking for?
We're looking for a colleague who:
- Can connect, collaborate, influence and create a culture in the county where everyone can be active through everyday walking
- Believes in the value of physical activity for physical and emotional health.
- Is committed to reducing inequalities in physical activity.
- Can engage with and help embed resident voice from our diverse range of communities.
- Is comfortable working with complexity and within a complex system.
- Has the skills, experience and behaviours to help Derbyshire walk.
Diverse talent is underrepresented in APT. We welcome applications from individuals representing different race, ethnicity, disability, or any protected characteristics, to help us understand and work with all communities.
You can apply for this job by Downloading and completing the attached Application Form and then emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply apply online.
job-application-form-walking-derbyshire-lead-v.docx (MS Word, 156.6 Kb)
walk-derbyshire-lead-jd-2021-final.docx (MS Word, 718.2 Kb)
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Notts is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.