Senior Strength and Conditioning Coach
Loughborough Sport are seeking to appoint a full time Senior Strength and Conditioning Coach at Loughborough University. This role will deliver strength and conditioning support as part of an interdisciplinary team to help optimise athletic development and competitive results of student athletes.
- Loughborough University, LE11 3TU
- Contact Name
- Chris Wright
- Contact Telephone
- Loughborough Sport
About Senior Strength and Conditioning Coach
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for the Strength and Conditioning provision of Loughborough Sports Swim programme as well as being accountable for the Development of Loughborough Sports Strength and Conditioning Stipend Placements and Volunteers.
Based within Loughborough University's performance sport environment you would be joining a team who have a proven track record of developing hundreds of elite-level athletes including Olympic and Paralympic Champions.
- To support and assist the Head of Strength and Conditioning (Performance Sport) in leading the provision of Strength and Conditioning support to Loughborough Sport Performance Athletes and the wider Loughborough athlete ecosystem
- To assist in providing leadership and development support to the Strength and Conditioning Team, including placement students and volunteers
- Work with coaches, other strength and conditioning practitioners and other support staff to deliver an interdisciplinary approach to performance development
- Provide quality strength and conditioning support to Loughborough Sport Performance athletes. Help improve performance through developing, implementing and evaluating strength and conditioning programmes that reflect scientific principles as they relate to adaptation, periodisation, peaking, tapering and injury rehabilitation
The roles will require flexible working patterns, with some evening/weekend work. Alongside Loughborough Sport's commitment to your professional and personal development, they will also offer a generous benefits package including:
- A competitive pension scheme
- On-site parking (charges subject to vehicle)
- One campus facility
- On site nursery
- Generous holiday allowance, plus 13 bank holiday and closure days
- Fantastic CPD and inclusive resources for development
- They offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, agile working, staff forums, staff working groups and support services to support mental health and wellbeing for staff from different backgrounds.
Informal enquiries should be made to Chris Wright by phone on 07387259588
As part of the application please provide a CV (2 pages max), Covering letter (700 words max) and the answers to the following questions:
- What would you do to develop Loughborough Sports pathway to continue to achieve our vision of supporting our placements to become legitimately employable? (500 words Max)
- What is your Strength and Conditioning Coach philosophy? (300 words Max)
For further information on job duties and person specifications click here.
- Closing date: 14th August 2022.
- Interview date: 2nd September 2022
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Notts is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.