PE and School Sport Premium Funding allocated to schools in Nottingham / Nottinghamshire during 2017/18
Posted: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 11:57
Schools across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire should have received the first tranche of the PE and Sport Premium funding earlier this month. The second tranche will be paid 1st May 2018. See the attachment at the bottom of this page if you would like to see how much is being allocated to individual free schools and academies.
The premium must be spent by schools to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
The following are examples of what you can use the funding for, to meet the 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvements across.
- provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports and holiday clubs
- enter or run more sport competitions
- partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- increase pupils' participation in the School Games
- encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
- provide additional swimming provision targeted to pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the national curriculum
- embed physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching.