Youth Sport Trust launches new four-year strategy
Posted: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 13:09
The Youth Sport Trust has launched a new four-year strategy – Believing in Every Child's Future - which sets out a vision to halt the decline in children's physical, mental and social wellbeing using the power of sport, PE and physical activity.
The new strategy outlines six key objectives to achieve its 2022 vision for the future. These are:
- Transforming Physical Education. Transform PE's place in the curriculum, putting it at the centre of wellbeing and achievement in education.
- Removing barriers to sport. Harness global best practice to ensure youth sport in the UK is inclusive, accessible and fun.
- Unlocking potential. Unlock sport's potential at every stage of a child's life, especially where they face inequality or disadvantage.
- Empowering activism. Empower young people through sport to become local activists, tackling the issues of their generation.
- Championing insight. Champion the impact of physical activity, PE and sport through research and insight.
- Strengthening foundations. Strengthen our foundations to ensure we can sustain our mission.
Neil Davidson, Chair of the Youth Sport Trust, said: "The world in which the Youth Sport Trust operates has changed considerably in recent years. Schools are facing new challenges and children's lives are being transformed by technology. The alarming trend of recent times has been the continued decline in children's wellbeing.
"Tackling that decline will be at the core of everything we do. Over the next four years we will build on the successes and lessons of this charity's past, and work in even greater depth to ensure the life-changing potential of sport is unlocked where it is needed most, both for today's young people and for generations to come."
To read the Youth Sport Trust's 2018-2022 strategy go to http://strategy.youthsporttrust.org