Grants for charities supporting young people
Posted: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:01
Charities can apply for Early Years Opportunities Grants through the Masonic Charitable Foundation. The programme is to help disadvantaged children and young people (up to the age of 25 years) overcome the barriers they face to achieve the best possible start in life.
The programme offers both small grants of up to £15,000 to charities with an annual income of up to £500,000; and large grants of between £10,000 and £150,000 to charities with an annual income of above £500,000. Both schemes can fund projects for three years.
The next closing date for applications to the large grants programme is 5pm on the 17th February 2020.
The small grants programme is currently closed and is due to re-open for applications on the 3rd February 2020 until the 17th April 2020.
Grants can be offered to charities that provide:
- Mental and physical health support
- Learning and development, including language and communication skills, social and emotional etc.
- Parental support, including whole family approach
- Pastoral and advocacy support
The type of activities that could be funded include:
- Additional educational opportunities such as improving literacy and numeracy
- Individual interventions, i.e. parent education, home visiting or mentoring
- Encouraging healthy behaviours with regards to diet, activity and wellbeing
- Psychological interventions for domestic abuse and behavioural issues etc.
- Provision of vital adaptive technologies and equipment removing barriers
- Alternative methods or specialist therapies to help children and young people integrate into the mainstream education system.