Rugby Union – funding opportunity to engage young people and their families
Posted: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 08:53
Sport England and England Rugby are looking for new 'Local Experts' who offer a community service link and/or rugby club link to partner with to increase participation in rugby, to deliver on seven new sites in lower socio-economic areas.
All projects will be made up of a local organisation/charity or community service provider and a local rugby club. They would consider multiple site applications.
They are looking for innovative ways to engage with teenage young people from lower socio-economic communities and their families and provide opportunities for them all to become active through a rugby club.
They are looking for organisations which would feel confident to:
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the local project, understanding strengths and areas for development and provide ongoing support to contribute to the success of the project
- Establish effective and strong relationships with all partners within the project, including the local rugby club.
- Co-ordinate the project at local level including being responsible for developing delivery plans and managing financial processes and reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring the monitoring and evaluation framework for the project is adhered to.
- Plan, promote and where needed deliver sessions within the local community
- Promote the benefits of physical activity to local communities
- Provide signposting to local activities
- Working with other sites to share good practice and solve challenges
- Build an excellent working relationship with the England Rugby Families Fund Project Manager.
Successful organisations will have extensive experience in working with local communities and understanding of the challenges those communities face regarding health and wellbeing.
They envisage this money being able to equate to roughly 1-2 days' work per week until March 2021.
There is a requirement for the most relevant representative from the local organisation and ideally a representative from the rugby club to attend Families Fund training on the 30th April in Burton on Trent. There will be no cost for this.
- C£11.5k (roughly 1/2 days a week for the duration of the project March 2021) with additional reasonable expenses.
Joint budget with the local club:
- £2k Kit and Equipment
- £2k Club Grant to support food offer
- StreetGames Behaviour Change workshop (20 places)
- 3 spaces at National Conference (organisation representative, club representative and one other)
- £500 training budget
- Access to Facility Hire and Family expenses funding that will be done on a case by case basis e.g. for AGP or Clubhouse hire that sits outside normal operating times (Aprox £2k per site if required but needs led)
19th February 2020 – Applications close
31st March 2020 – All activity commenced
30th April 2020 – All 12 projects meet for Conference
31st March 2021 – Project Ends
To be involved Please fill in a brief expression of interest form by 19th February outlining your approach to the project. Contact BeccaO'Neil@rfu.com