£150,000 of funding available to boxing clubs for Tackling Inequalities
Posted: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 14:32
England Boxing is delighted to announce it is distributing £150,000 of Sport England funding to help ease the financial burden on boxing clubs in the country's most deprived communities.
Applications for the Tackling Inequalities Fund are being accepted with immediate effect.
Clubs looking to apply should first note the criteria and check they meet it before doing so.
They should apply if:
- They have NOT been in receipt of existing financial aid during the COVID pandemic, so clubs who have received a grant from their local authority based on rateable value and/or received a Community Emergency Fund grant from Sport England should not apply
- They serve members from the most deprived communities, meaning clubs whose membership are drawn from the top 20% of the poorest communities in the country, determined by the "Indices of Multiple Deprivation". Click here to check the IMD ranking for your club or members.
If you need support to apply, or think you sit just outside the criteria but still believe you have a compelling case for receiving funding, please contact your regional Club Support Officer.
The reason England Boxing is seeking out these particular clubs is that Sport England research suggests that people from deprived communities are less likely to keep active during the Coronavirus outbreak.
A small grant will therefore help clubs:
- keep in touch with their membership by improving communication
- help to devise some safe distance activities for members
- help to prepare for club's re-opening
- or simply to keep paying the bills so that the club is ready for the return
England Boxing will support applications for funding from £300 up to a maximum of £3000.