Chance for Children Grants: tailored for children and young people who have experienced a recent crisis or significant change in life
Posted: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 10:37
Buttle UK's Chances for Children Grants are targeted at improving the social and emotional wellbeing of children and young people and their capacity to engage in education and learning. However, grants will be tailored to meet the current and changing needs as the immediate, and longer-term, impact of the COVID-19 crisis becomes clear.
Grants are individually tailored up to £2,000 for children and young people who have experienced a recent crisis or significant change in life. They can fund items and activities to help improve social and emotional wellbeing and increase capacity to engage in education and learning
- They only accept applications from frontline professionals working closely with the children/young person, who have carried out at least one home visit, and made a full assessment of the children's/young person's needs.
- The professional will also need to supervise grant spend, upload receipts and complete an evaluation survey.
Children/young people must meet ALL of the following:
- Be a child or young person aged 18 and under if living with parent/carer, OR 20 and under if living independently with little or no support
- Have been socially, emotionally or educationally impacted or otherwise negatively affected by their circumstances, such as domestic abuse, estrangement, abuse, neglect or another issue
- The family/young person must have recently taken positive action to improve their situation, e.g. fled from the perpetrator of abuse; the children have recently moved to live with other family members; parent/carer has engaged with support services to address a specific issue such as drug/alcohol misuse; young person has re-engaged in education etc.
- Be living on a low income and experiencing financial hardship
All applications are reviewed on their own merit and it is important that applications demonstrate clearly the family situation in line with the criteria.
Where the main reason is disability or ongoing serious illness of a child. Please see other funders such as Family Fund Disability Grants