Nottinghamshire COVID-19 Community Fund - Reopened
Posted: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 17:04
The Nottinghamshire COVID-19 Community Fund has been re-opened to help communities as they respond to exceptional challenges over the coming months.
Nottinghamshire County Council want to support local charities and community organisations that are delivering essential services to vulnerable Nottinghamshire residents impacted by COVID-19.
Nottinghamshire charities and voluntary groups can apply for a grant of anywhere between £200 to £10,000 to deliver projects or services that meet the Nottinghamshire COVID-19 Community Fund criteria.
They are particularly prioritising activities which include:
- Projects that directly help vulnerable people affected by the effects of COVID-19, such as by providing access to food, toiletries, necessities, as well as projects to help vulnerable people in isolation.
- Projects that are already set up and are incurring extra costs as a result of helping vulnerable people.
- Priority will be given to eligible projects that help and support vulnerable Nottinghamshire people impacted by COVID-19 and that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Dog walking, e.g. to help with the cost of running dog walking schemes, such as phone calls
- Social wellbeing, e.g. befriending / buddy schemes - friendly chat via phone
- Emotional / mental health wellbeing
- Physical wellbeing, e.g. help to stay mobile and active, advice about health
- Transport, e.g. help for essential travel
- Other projects / services not listed above that support vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19 may also be considered for funding. Help towards the cost of some additional capital items may also be considered, such as equipment for existing eligible groups that are adapting their service to provide essential support as a result of COVID-19.
- Applications are welcome to help cover the additional running (revenue) costs as a result of responding to COVID-19 (e.g. the extra costs of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers to deliver essential services, increased costs such as telephone calls, rent, gas and electricity or other costs relating to a new site where people can more easily access community support and services).
Who can apply?
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- local organisations providing a service or support to people living within Nottinghamshire County boundaries (this does not include Nottingham City residents)
- registered charities
- excepted charities
- constituted voluntary and community organisations
- sports clubs with Clubmark
- Parish and Town Councils who are actively responding to the needs of vulnerable people in Nottinghamshire communities.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Thursday 31st December 2020.