Grants Available for Capital Projects Benefiting Disadvantaged People
Posted: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 15:06
The Clothworkers Foundation awards grants to UK registered charities, CICs, and other registered UK not-for-profit organisations (including special schools).
Grants are awarded towards capital projects and may cover the cost of:
- Buildings: Purchase, construction, renovation or refurbishment.
- Fittings, Fixtures, and Equipment: Including (but is not limited to) office equipment/furniture, sports/gym equipment, digital/audio visual equipment, garden equipment, specialist therapeutic (excluding medical) equipment.
- Vehicles: Including a minibus, car, caravan, people-carrier, or 4X4 (new vehicles are unlikely to be funded).
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the work of the organisation fits within one or more of the Foundations programme areas including:
- Disadvantaged minority communities
- Disadvantaged young people
- Older people
- People with disabilities
At least 50% of service users benefiting from the capital project must be from one or more of these groups. Applications can be made at any time. The Foundation aim to make a decision within eight weeks for grants and projects less than £10,000 or within six months for grants over £10,000.