Funding for Lawn Tennis, Rackets and Real Tennis
Posted: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 12:51
The Queen's Club Foundation is now open to applications for grants for projects involving Lawn Tennis, Rackets, and Real Tennis. They will remain open to receive applications until Monday June 28th.
Applicants may include: clubs, schools, other venues, organisations coach led schemes, registered charities or charitable projects.
Priority will be given to organisations supporting:
- Children and young people
- People with learning or physical disabilities
- Projects which improve mental and physical health and wellbeing
- Those with a proven need of assistance
- Widening participation in communities
- Progression routes for the project beneficiaries to continue playing after the grant funding period has ended
- Sustainable long-term projects beyond any grant awarded.
Examples of expenditure that are eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- Coach and court costs
- Kick starting new programmes
- Equipment to enable activities
- Reward materials (e.g. badges/certificates)
Areas of funding not supported include:
- Free taster sessions with no plan as to how the project will continue long-term or exit routes.
- Capital items including infrastructure that do not demonstrate community benefit
- Purely commercial ventures for profit.
Grants awards are between £500 – £3,000 per year.
Applications requesting funds greater than £3,000 may be considered in exceptional circumstances for outstanding and far reaching projects.
Applicants can expect to hear from The QCF on the outcome of their application within two months from the application deadline date.