Volleyball Foundation - Sitting Volleyball
Posted: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 12:05
The current focus of the Volleyball Foundation will run until DECEMBER 2021 and will support the development of SITTING VOLLEYBALL.
Funding will be allocated to support future sitting volleyball development, encouraging young people and those with a disability or recovering from injury, into this inclusive part of our game, when sport, is once again able to function, following the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The funding will support
- Existing affiliated Volleyball Clubs to establish a sitting part to their club
This will not support
- Existing Sitting Volleyball Clubs
- Clubs not affiliated to Volleyball England
- Groups wanted to set up a 'stand alone' sitting volleyball club
Whilst still to be finalised, it is envisaged that a number of clubs will be awarded resources to a maximum of £1,000 which will be used for equipment and training. Steve Matthews, Trustee at Volleyball England Foundation, has suggested, that a successful applicant will receive, some or all of the following:
- Posts and net for sitting volleyball
- Resource packs for Clubs
- Training for coaches and officials