Treasurer - Basketball Northants
The role of treasurer is vital for the financial stability and growth of Basketball Northants. A treasurer is responsible for all financial matters relating to the association whilst reporting to and working with and advising other members of the committee. This is a volunteer role. This is your chance to help shape basketball in Northamptonshire in a time of great change for both the association and basketball’s governing bodies. This is an influential and vital role for Basketball Northants. Communication and transparency is key to the success of this role along with having a good head for finance.
Treasurer - Basketball Northants
The role of treasurer is vital for the financial stability and growth of Basketball Northants. A treasurer is responsible for all financial matters relating to the association whilst reporting to and working with and advising other members of the committee. This is a volunteer role.
This is your chance to help shape basketball in Northamptonshire in a time of great change for both the association and basketball's governing bodies. This is an influential and vital role for Basketball Northants. Communication and transparency is key to the success of this role along with having a good head for finance. The work done in this role will help to set the goals for the year ahead and allow the association to develop in a financially stable and effective way.
This is a great opportunity in a long established association for someone who is looking to further their career in finance or just simply do good work that benefits the local community.
We would advise that you allow up to 1-2 Hours per week during the basketball season (September-May).
Some weeks (especially off-season) there may be little to no work required of you.
It would be preferable if candidates could specify a time each week to respond to queries and deal with any financial matters, this is not mandatory but will help both you and the committee. The committee are also here to support you to help manage workload during busy times or absence.
The treasurer is required to attend the Annual General Meeting, the meeting will be located in Northamptonshire. Some additional local meetings or trips to the bank may also be required. Nearly all work can be done at home, you will need to provide your own computer and have a sufficient internet connection.
- Clearly log all transactions and ensure others keep proper records
- Produce an annual financial report for the AGM
- Ensure cash is banked as quickly as possible
- Ensure invoices are paid on time
- Keep track of assets and cash
- Complete end of year accounts
- Work alongside the Funding Officer(s) to ensure revenue targets are met
- Create budgets and forecasts with the chairman and adjust where required
- Ensure use of funds comply with conditions set by funding bodies
- Manage bank accounts
- Ensure required insurances and memberships are in place
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
KEY INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Association Chairman, Venue's (Invoicing), Funding Officer, Suppliers, Bank, Secretary, Technical Officer, Competitions Secretary, Registrar, Basketball England.
- Competent with financial management
- Have an eye for detail
- Available to be contacted for ad hoc advice
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed up
- Competent with internet banking
- Have a desire to help shape basketball in Northamptonshire
- Show impartiality
- Computer literate
- Have previous experience as a treasurer
- Have experience of financial control and budgeting
- Have a financial qualification or equivalent
- Have experience using financial software
- Have an interest in finance
This job specification is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of the association.
If you're interested in this role or have any questions regarding it then please email email@example.com
ABOUT BASKETBALL NORTHANTS
Basketball Northants is recognised by Basketball England as the governing body for basketball in Northamptonshire. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Running and development of the Hoopsterz Central Venue Programme.
The programme provides accessible and enjoyable basketball for children
ages 8 to 18.
- Development of the county teams; we work with local clubs & Basketball England to develop young talent, providing the pathway for them to compete all the way up to international level.
- Developing young leaders, officials & coaches.
- Supporting men's and women's teams to increase participation, offering advice and assistance where possible.
- Overseeing the Northants Senior Leagues.
- Liaising with & supporting schools basketball.
Active Notts is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.